Social equality and justice are the basis of the Indian constitution and providing equal opportunity to all sections of society, through creation of suitable employment opportunities, is one of the clear ways of bringing about an overall economic development of the society.
Tata Power-DDL Affirmative Action Policy
- Tata Power-DDL affirms the recognition that its competitiveness is interlinked with the well-being of all sections of the Indian society.
- Tata Power-DDL believes that equal opportunity in employment for all sections of society is a component of its growth and competitiveness. It further believes that inclusive growth is a component of growth and development of the country.
- Tata Power-DDL affirms the recognition that diversity to reflect socially disadvantaged sections of the society in the workplace has a positive impact on business.
- Tata Power-DDL will neither practice nor support conscious discrimination in any form.
- Tata Power-DDL does not bias employment away from applicants belonging to disadvantaged sections of society if such applicants possess competitive skills and job credentials as made public.
- Tata Power-DDL's selection of business partners is not based on any considerations other than normal business parameters. In case of equal business offers, Tata Power-DDL will select a business partner belonging to a socially disadvantaged section of society.
- Tata Power-DDL will have a written policy statement on Affirmative Action in the workplace.
- Tata Power-DDL will have an employment policy that is the public domain. It may place such policies and employment opportunities on its website to encourage applications from socially disadvantaged sections of society.
- Tata Power-DDL will make all efforts for upskilling and continual training of employees from socially disadvantaged sections of society in order to enhance their capabilities, and competitive skills.
- Tata Power-DDL will have a partnership programme with educational institutions to support and aid students from socially disadvantaged sections of society.
- Tata Power-DDL will have a senior executive accountable to the MD to oversee and promote its Affirmative Action policies and programmes. The senior executive will present a biannual report to the Board of the Company about such policies and programmes.
- Tata Power-DDL further has a policy to maintain records on Affirmative Action.
- Tata Power-DDL makes available its learning and experiences as a good corporate citizen in Affirmative Action to other companies desiring to incorporate such policies in their own business.